Friday, December 17, 2010

Yahoo leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Yahoo is "sunsetting" its Delicious service, according to a leaked internal presentation. So not cool. Lots of people, including me, used it to save and share links. I even had it set up to post my links here (after approval). It was very convenient for me. I also loved the way you could add as many tags as you wanted (unlike Blogger) and bundle them in different ways. If you have any great ideas about a replacement service, let me know.

Update: Delicious says:

Is Delicious being shut down? And should I be worried about my data?

- No, we are not shutting down Delicious. While we have determined that there is not a strategic fit at Yahoo!, we believe there is a ideal home for Delicious outside of the company where it can be resourced to the level where it can be competitive.


No comments:

Post a Comment