Friday, January 27, 2012

She's looking for Messrs. Right

One of the great things about the Internet is that everything you remember seeing or reading or hearing turns up again sooner or later. I remember this commercial from the 1980s, but I don't think I thought about its implications at the time.

This woman is strutting around in a bar singing about how she's looking for Mr. Right, but all the men appear to be monsters (and probably don't smell nice). (I don't recommend doing this in real life!) This is what she sings:

Men, you better not come on too strong,
If you want to take me out tonight.
I've had enough of Mr. Wrong,
I want to be with Mr. Right.


So she picks them up by handing them deodorant, thus turning them into cute guys in the process. By my count, she's got at least three guys ready to go home with her. It would appear she's not so much looking for Mr. Right, but Messrs.* Rightnow. I knew there was a reason I liked this commercial.



* Messrs. is the plural of Mr.

No comments:

Post a Comment