Thursday, July 15, 2010

Why *mature* women lust

Time magazine has an article called The Science of Cougar Sex: Why Older Women Lust.

First thought: duh!

Second thought: Who you callin' "older" or a "cougar" for that matter?

Then I thought, I'm a woman of a certain age myself, maybe I should know about this. Turns out, according to evolutionary theory, women between 27 and 45 (this is what they're calling "older"?) have bodies that still want to get pregnant but need more sex to make it likely. I guess that makes sense. I don't want to get pregnant myself, but I do recall getting hornier in my mid- to late 20s. (And you, dear reader, are one of the beneficiaries of that biological fact!)

I'm still not keen on the title of the article, though. "Cougar" connotes an older woman who is out to get younger guys. And if that works for you, cougars, more power to you! But the article had nothing to do with that. It was about sexy *mature* women having more sex with partners of any age.

No comments:

Post a Comment